Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer has begun!

Today is the last day of school for my son.  I have all of our summer things ready for the summer. I created a Summer Things to do List for the kids. Here is where I got that idea from: http://thebuentes.blogspot.com/2012/06/ready-for-summer-diy-project.html?showComment=1339391253608

I also have my son in quite a bit of activities this summer, so to get this all organized I printed out everything onto a calendar and I signed up for a free application called Cozi that I am in LOVE with it. It keeps everyone's activities/schedules together in one place to keep the entire family organized. My husband and I both downloaded the free app and I entered all of the activities and events that we are attending on the computer and it updates automatically to our app on the phone.  I really like the app especially because if your child has the same class every Thursday or even every other Thursday, you are able to choose the different options for repeating the event on the calendar and you can also put a stop date for that particular activity.

You can go to www.cozi.com to see what I'm talking about.  I have not had a chance to use all of its features but the calendar is great. It also shows a recipe database to be able to setup your own menu plan.  I also started doing a weekly menu plan for the family, which has worked out amazingly well.  I will write about the weekly menu plan soon!

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for it a few years back, but never really used it, I should go back and revisit it! I have been using google calendar.

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete