Friday, May 11, 2012

Etsy

Have you ever heard of or bought anything from Etsy.com?

In the past year, I have bought something from that website 2 things and I got exactly what I was expecting.  Both of the items I bought were kids/baby items and I was pleased with what I bought.  I like the idea of Etsy mostly because you know that when you are buying these items, you are helping someone pay their bills, pay for their children's uniforms, etc.

The quote that I love the best that basically tells the story of all of the sellers on Etsy is....

"When you buy from a small mom and pop business, you are not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home.  You are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a mom or dad put food on the table, a family pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college."

So, if you haven't ever bought anything from Etsy before....before look for something on other websites, you might want to try looking for it on Etsy.

1 comment: